Installing elevators in old buildings is a hot topic in society. In addition to the cost, location, and state subsidies of installing elevators, many users want to know which type is better for small computer rooms and machine-less rooms. Let's take a look now.
Traditional elevators are mainly based on small machine rooms and are relatively well laid out. Therefore, the elevator shafts of newly-renovated buildings are almost always set up according to small machine rooms. However, the retrofitting of old buildings is almost always done outdoors. There are limitations in location and height of the hoistway. There are both small machine rooms and machine-room-less elevators.
The machine roomless elevator transfers the control cabinet, traction machine, speed limiter, etc. originally placed in the small machine room to the side, rear or directly above the hoistway, thus canceling the traditional machine room. When the height of the building top is restricted, it may be larger. Meaning, the appearance is relatively good without the prominent computer room.
But the machine roomless elevator is precisely because many components also bring some shortcomings in the hoistway, which are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. Because the main engine and others occupy the position requirements inside the hoistway, the internal size of the hoistway is relatively larger than that of the small machine room when the size of the car is the same. The height of the hoistway saves the height but the plane occupies the size, so the cost is no less than the small machine room.
2. The noise generated by the machine room that cannot be isolated from the brakes and fans is removed, and they can only be gathered in the hoistway. Therefore, the noise of the machine room is obviously larger than that of the machine room.
3. The resonance generated by the rigid connection of the machine room-less elevator will be transmitted to the guide rail and the car, and the comfort is not as good as that of the machine-room elevator.
4. The heat generated by the main machine of the machine roomless elevator is concentrated in the hoistway. If there is no better cooling measure in the hot season, the operation effect of the main machine and the control cabinet will be affected. The high temperature caused by the heat absorption of the fully transparent sightseeing elevator elevator components is greater.
5. Since the machine room-less elevator is in the hoistway, maintenance and repair are not as convenient as a small machine room, so there must be a safety window.
6. The equipment cost and installation cost of the machine roomless elevator are relatively higher than that of the small machine room.
7. Machine-room-less elevators must be equipped with high-power emergency power supplies for power outage rescue, which requires a lot of investment, while elevators with small machine-rooms can rescue passengers through manual cranking and are relatively easy to control.
8. The machine room-less elevator has higher requirements for the strength of the fixed ring beam of the main engine, so it is not as good as the small machine room for elevators with larger lifting height, faster speed and larger load.
Based on the above analysis, the installation of elevators in old buildings are all installed outdoors. Generally, the hoistway is relatively limited in plane size and relatively small in height. I think that elevators with machine rooms should be the priority option.